- State Preschool Home Page
- Age Requirements
- Preschool Curriculum
- Family Fee
- Parent Resources
- Parenting Classes
- Registration Information
- Staff Contacts
- State Preschool Learning Foundations
- Child Development Center
- OUSD Home Page
OUSD STATE PRESCHOOL
The Orange Unified School District defines a child that is ready for school as one that is healthy, and ready to learn when they enter kindergarten.
WE BELIEVE THAT……
- Each child can succeed in school and reach his/her potential.
- Beginning with preschool, OUSD teachers prepare students for the expectations of college and careers by infusing instruction with 21st century skills. These include creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration.
- Parents and/or guardians are the first and most important teachers and are valued partners with teachers throughout the child’s education.
- Teachers are prepared to respond to each child’s individual learning style.
- Individual and cultural differences are to be valued and supported.
- Communication, training, resources and support are critical areas for successful achievement of “ready kids” and “ready schools”.
- Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten provide an appropriate transition between preschool and first grade.
- A variety of teaching methods are used to meet the needs and learning styles of each individual child.
- Reading instruction starts with a strong base of phonetic awareness and beginning phonics instruction and is centered on literacy themes.
- Math concepts and skills are developed through real-life, hands-on experiences using concrete objects, pictures, technology and literature.
- A strong partnership between school, family, and the child is an important link to school success.