Orange Unified School District Educational Options
Educational Options (Ed Ops) is an independent study high school program serving students grades 9-12. It has the benefits of a home school and a virtual curriculum blended with face to face instruction with highly qualified Orange Unified School District teachers. Students with special education needs may also participate in this program.
Students work independently, according to a written agreement and under the supervision of a credentialed teacher and a parent. We follow District adopted curriculum and meet District graduation requirements. Students and parents are central to the program and are actively involved.
- Ed Ops students receive access to the UC/CSU approved coursework.
- Individualized instruction with a credentialed teacher
- Attendance on campus for Math, Science and English classes one our per week for each subject area is required.
- Minimum 5 hours of assignments per class per week.
- ADA is based upon work completed.
- Ed Ops students have more flexibility when it comes to completing school work.
- Ed Ops students can dual-enroll at their school of residence. Students may take up to two classes at their school of residence.
- Ed Ops students can participate in co-curricular activities at their school of residence.
- Ed Ops students can participate in CIF sanctioned sports at their school of residence.
- Ed Ops is not a credit recovery program
- A referral from a high school counselor or administrator is required.
- An appointment will be scheduled with parent and student to enroll in the program once the referral has been received and reviewed.
- A student with special education services may not enroll in the program without an appropriate IEP and offer of services.