California Gold Ribbon School 2016
A California Distinguished School 1987
Title I Academic Achievement Award 2005, 2004, 2016
West Orange Elementary
243 South Bush
Orange, CA 92868
You need to have Adobe Reader installed to view PDF files. Please click on the above image to download this free software.
Principal: Sandra Preciado
Vision:If we create an environment of shared collaboration focused on 21st Century teaching and learning:
- specifically around the shifts in ELA along with the integration of ELD standards, this will result in students who are able to effectively utilize global, digital, and media literacies as productive members of a global society.
- specifically around the shifts in Mathematics standards, this will result in students who are able to apply conceptual understanding, procedural skills and fluency to solve real-world problems.
Mission Statement:Attributes of a Warrior Scholar: We expect our students to:
- Be able to read, analyze and evaluate complex text, both fiction and nonfiction; independently
- Speak, listen and write in complete sentences
- Critically think, communicate and collaborate to creatively solve problems in a variety of ways across disciplines
- Use evidence from text to support an argument across disciplines
- Demonstrate Global Competencies: investigate the world, recognize perspectives, communicate ideas and take action (Council of Chief State School Officers, 2010)
- Understand that it is okay to solve problems in different ways
- Use and understand numbers and number relationships for problem solving with automaticity and fluency